I have been tagged by Carl Thomas of Revival Blog. They call this a ‘meme’, I didn’t even know what a meme was until I got tagged and read all about it on Rich Tatum’s blog. I borrowed the following from Rich:
Here are the rules, according to John Smulo, the originator of the meme:
- Those tagged will share 5 Things They Dig About Jesus.
- Those tagged will tag 5 people.
- Those tagged will leave a link to their meme in the comments section of this post so everyone can keep track of what’s being posted.
I’m in the eighth generation of this meme. Each of my ancestors tagged five other people. So, at minimum, there are 48 others blogging about Jesus right now, with potentially hundreds more. Explore the following sites above or go directly to Smulo’s first post to see what others have written.
- John Smulo (originator) blogging @ SmuloSpace
- Bryan Riley blogging @ Charis Shalom
- Alan Knox blogging @ The Assembling of the Church
- Joel Brueseke blogging @ Grace Roots
- Vanessa blogging @ NightWatch
- Mark Hadfield blogging @ MadeToPraiseHim
- Carl Thomas blogging @ Revival Blog
- â€¦Me, blogging here.
5 Things I Dig About Jesus:
1. Because “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so…”: Still love this song after all these years, especially when my grand kids are singing it.
2. Because of his Grace: He talked to the woman at the well and didn’t throw rocks at the woman who was caught.
3. Because he put up with 12 guys for 3 years: who were losers in the eyes of the world and wrong about almost everything all the time, yet he transformed them into the greatest force that the world has ever known. That means he can do the same with us.
4. Because he didn’t do any mighty miracles in Nazareth, even though he has faith to move mountains. Gives me hope.
5. Because he commissions us to go into all the world and gives us his Spirit to get it all done. Better yet he continually prays and intercedes for us. How can we lose? Praise God!
I Tag the Following 5 New Victims:
It should be interesting to see his response. He was very creative in commenting at a moment of my greatest humiliation on one of my other blogs.
The guy is flat out brilliant and solid theologically. Can’t wait to see what he lists.
Recent seminary graduate and current Pastoral intern. He does solid teaching on the gifts and once cited and linked CHARISMATICA as an example of the wrong way to use the prophetic gift. I was actually honored. ‘5 things’ should be real easy for Jesse.
A Baptist pastor who will wonder how his name ended up on a Charismatic/Pentecostal site. If any of you wild-eyed revivalists need some solid Biblical teaching you can always find it on Pastor Steve’s blog. His list will be theologically sound for sure.
I love the name of this blog and what these girls come up with should truly be different. Good luck Ang, Susan, and Michele.
Thanks, and may the Lord bless you all.